Anyone else LOVING this Fall weather we have finally been having? Ben and I have been trying to take full advantage of the beautiful evenings we have left before it gets insanely cold. On Saturday we decided to head to one of our favorite places in the triangle, Cameron Village, for a little shopping and dinner. We first grabbed coffee and a sweet treat at Cafe Carolina and Bakery to hold us over before dinner. Next we did a bit of browsing around the village and stopped into one of my favorite stores for furniture and decor. If you haven’t checked out Steven Shell, then you are definitely missing out. About 75% of the furniture in my home is all from Steven Shell which means I am a HUGE fan. I was so excited to see that they had already put out their Christmas decor and it was like a festive wonderland in there. I picked up a few things to decorate with for the holidays, and I can’t wait to share! After more window shopping and browsing we stopped in for a delicious pasta dinner and a glass of wine at Piccola Italia Pizza and Restaurant. We finished the evening with giving Lola a bath and a few hours of snuggles! It was seriously the perfect evening and one we will be recreating at Cameron Village soon.
Viewing entries in
For some reason, I have been seriously putting off packing my hospital bag! I think in my mind it means that this is all really happening, and I guess I better come to terms because it's REALLY happening. This week, I decided it was finally time to get our bags all packed! I asked for advice from my followers on Instagram, friends and family and have come up with a cohesive list of all the essentials! I decided to break it up into three parts- what i'm packing for me, for the baby and for Ben!
WHAT'S IN MY BAG:
- My Overnight Bag: I recently got this bag from Henri Bendel, and I am OBSESSED! It is definitely a splurge but amazing quality and will be something I have in my closet for years. It is super roomy and fits everything I need for our hospital stay. I can't recommend it enough.
- Toiletry Bag: Along with the overnight bag, I picked up this toiletry bag. It is technically an organizer for a diaper bag, but works perfectly for this purpose. It will also be great to use in the diaper bag!
- Toiletries- I've been trying to narrow down my products to what I will truly use and have come up with a pretty good list. Hair ties and bobby pins (in case I want to braid my hair back for labor), hairbrush, dry shampoo (definitely a necessity), makeup removing wipes, toothpaste, electric toothbrush, deodorant, razor and moisturizer!
- Makeup: I've been told that having a small amount of makeup on will make you feel more like yourself after labor (especially when you have a bunch of visitors). I'm bringing my favorite foundation, concealer, bronzer, blush, mascara, eyeliner and eyebrow product!
- Chapstick: Evidently your lips get extremely chapped in the hospital! I am in love with this one from Hatch.
- Nipple Cream: This one is supposed to work wonders!
- Breast Pads
- Extra long phone charger (the outlets are supposed to be far away from the beds in the hospital)
- Towel from home: supposedly the ones in the hospital are small and scratchy
- Pillow: again, the pillows in the hospital are flat and scratchy (It was also recommended to have a colorful pillowcase so it doesn't get lost).
- Comfy Robe: I'm planning on wearing the hospital gown for labor and then changing into this robe for easy access for breast feeding. We also plan on taking a few pictures in the hospital, so this will photograph well.
- Nursing Pajamas: I am also bringing these pajamas from Belabumbum. They make great loungewear that is comfy, soft and perfect for breast feeding!
- Nursing Bra: I'm bringing both this one and this this one. I have worn this one for the past few months and love it. Its super comfy and provides just the right amount of support. I'm also bringing this nursing tank in case I prefer it.
- Flip Flops: I bought this cheap pair to have on hand for showering or walking the halls.
WHAT'S IN THE BABY'S BAG:
- Diaper Bag: I decided to pack the baby's diaper bag for the hospital so that it's all ready for when we get home. We are using this diaper bag from Fawn Design. I love that it is roomy and has plenty of space for everything we need. It's made from a durable faux leather that feels like the real thing and is easy to wipe clean. Plus it is pink and perfect for our little girl!
- Coming home outfit: I'm bringing two different sizes in case the newborn option is too small
- Onesies: Also bringing a few sizes for these
- Swaddle and hat for pictures: I got this one from Copper Pearl and LOVE it. Copper Pearl has the cutest prints and are made from the softest fabrics.
- "Hi My Name Is" name tag: I ordered this one off of Etsy
- Little Giraffe Blanket: This blanket is SO soft and one of my favorites that we have received.
- Pacifiers: Not sure if we will give one to her right away, but I want to bring them in case
- Bibs: These are my favorites!
- Car Seat: Ours is already installed in the car and we are planning on taking it to the fire station to ensure it is properly in there.
- Nursing Pillow: I have heard this is nice to have in the hospital for when you are getting the hang of breast feeding
WHAT'S IN BEN'S BAG:
- Overnight Bag: We have traveled with these for years and they are our favorite. They are perfect for overnight trips or weekend trips
- Comfy Clothes: Ben loves a good pair of joggers, a T-shirt and a hoodie!
- Button Down Shirt or Zip- Up Hoodie: for skin to skin when the baby arrives
- Blanket and Pillow: the sleeping situation for Ben at the hospital is not ideal but hopefully these will make it a but more comfortable
- Laptop and Charger
- Camera fully charged
- Extra long phone charger
- Both of our driver's licenses and insurance cards
Everyone says to bring an extra bag to fill with all of the freebies from the hospital. Take advantage of the diapers, wipes, disposable underwear. Ask for more when there is a shift change for nurses!
My baby shower was everything I could have dreamed of and more! Ever since getting pregnant, I have looked forward to my baby shower day. There's just something about being surrounded by family and friends supporting and celebrating our little girl that I knew would give me so much joy.
I might consider myself a slight control freak, so I knew I wanted to be a part of the planning process. I along with my mom, sister and a few close friends started dreaming up exactly what we wanted the shower to look like. We stumbled upon the most GORGEOUS venue in Concord, NC right outside of Charlotte called Ritchie Hill. Ritchie Hill is a historic home that was renovated to its original charm and now serves as an incredible event venue. I first fell in love with the HUGE wrap around porch and knew it would make the perfect backdrop for my shower. I was a little hesitant that it might be too hot to have everything outside ( hello middle of July in NC), but thanks to Ritchie Hill's amazing fans and natural breeze, we decided to go for it.
There wasn't a particular theme for the shower, but it ended up having a girly vintage flair. We enlisted Evermore Event Company to help with the table styling. They brought over several of their GORGEOUS (handmade) farmhouse tables and an assortment of beautiful vintage china, linens, gold flatware and rose depression glass. The tables couldn't have looked more beautiful and came out better than I could have imagined. The mother-daughter duo behind Evermore couldn't have been more sweet and have curated such a beautiful collection of vintage rentals.
My mom, best friend Kelly, and I actually did all of the floral arrangements for the shower. We spent a total of $100 at Trader Joe's and got an assortment of gorgeous flowers and greenery. We made a greenery garland for each of the tables and probably put together a total of 15 arrangements. Not to toot my own horn, but I think they turned out pretty good! Just a little money saving tip for you gals that are planning a shower or wedding anytime soon.
My gorgeous and talented sister-in-law did all of the hand lettering (signage, place cards and mirrors) and also created the beautiful floral hoops. She just started accepting custom orders through here Instagram @_warrendesigns_ and would be amazing to contact for your next event. She is seriously one of those people that is good at EVERYTHING, and I know she will be the best Aunt to our little girl.
One of my favorite elements of the whole shower was having the vintage camper and the team from Jade & May Company serve coffee and mocktails to all of the guests! Jade & May Company is a full service mobile bar and quite possibly the cutest thing I've ever seen. It was so fun to be able to order from the window and the vintage camper provides such a fun atmosphere. The adorable and sweet duo behind Jade & May, Kaci and Renato Barbosa are such great people and were wonderful to work with. If you live in NC and are getting married, you have to hire Jade & May Company for your beverage needs!
For the food, we served a light brunch of various dishes made by family and friends and finished with a few delicious desserts! Cristina, the creative and talented baker behind The Batchmaker made a delectable coffee cheesecake (one of the best desserts I have ever had) and a layered crepe cake. They were both SO good and I'm already dreaming of how I can get her to bring me a cheesecake in Raleigh. You don't need an excuse to order one of her yummy desserts. You can thank me later.
The whole day was captured beautifully by my favorite girl Autumn from Autumn Harrison Photography. You might have seen when she took some maternity photos for us (still obsessed with them). I seriously adore her style of photography and was so thrilled to have her celebrate this special day with me. I can't wait to show my daughter these photos one day!
I cannot thank my family and friends enough for such a wonderful day! It was EVERYTHING I could have ever dreamed of and more for our little girl. She is 100% already spoiled and is going to be surrounded by so many people that love her. Ben and I are truly so blessed!
Yellow Dress: Rent The Runway
Colorful Hoola Hoop: DIY from my amazingly talented sister-in-law!
Happy Tuesday, friends! I am SO excited to finally share the details from our Fiesta-themed gender reveal party. I knew I wanted to go all out with this first baby and do all the fun things that come with pregnancy (gender reveal party included). We had the BEST time celebrating with our closest family and friends (minus a few....cough cough MacKenzie and Chase) and couldn't be more thrilled about having a little GIRL. It still feels surreal to say that, and I honestly don't even know if it has sunk in yet. Get ready for all the little girl outfit inspiration because you know she will be styling!
We went with a fiesta theme because I wanted to do something a little different for our actual reveal, and I thought busting open a piñata would be super cute. We ended up filling this adorable cactus piñata that I got on Etsy with a couple bags of pink confetti.
For the decor, we worked with WittyBash and PaperFoxLA. WittyBash provided the amazing paper goods and a the colorful fan garland. I LOVED that we were able to incorporate the adorable cacti plates and napkins, and I think they really made the table scape. WittyBash has the most amazing selection of party supplies and is a one-stop shop for any of your needs when it comes to celebrations. I cannot wait to use her for future birthday parties for our little GIRL. The tassel garland was from PaperFoxLA and was the perfect colorful addition. We put one underneath the food set-up and another near the drink station and both ended up looking so cute. My incredibly talented and crafty sister-in-law, Sarah, designed and made the adorable floral hula hoop. Isn't it the coolest thing ever? I'm trying to convince her to custom-make them for people, so let me know if you would be interested.
My rockstar mom and MIL helped with all of the food. We started the evening with some delicious finger foods (I made these and they were a hit) and had a taco bar for dinner. It was SO yummy and relatively cheap to feed a bunch of people. For dessert, my friend Kayla from Sweet Freedom Cakes, baked us the most delicious cake I have ever tasted. My husband, who doesn't even really like cake, had three pieces. Kayla is amazing and does beautiful cakes for any occasion. I recommend the cinnamon bun flavor with the cream cheese frosting (to die for).
It was the best night to celebrate our sweet little girl! We are counting down the days until September.